Dry heaving is a feeling of discomfort and sickness in the stomach. It indicates the inappropriate digestion and stimulates a vomit sensation. It is a very awkward experience that especially happens in the company of others. Although there are many drugs available to get rid of nausea, for some, simple home remedies are a better fit.
5 Effective Home Remedies to Dry Heaving
Ginger is rich in medicinal properties that reduce gagging. It is also believed that if you take ginger after food poisoning, it clears up the infection very quickly due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant features.
- Take about 2 inches of ginger root and grate it.
- Put the grated root in boiling water and leave it for few minutes.
- Take small sips of the prepared ginger tea to get rid of the feeling of heaviness.
- Consume the concoction thrice a day for better results.
Peppermint has an amazing effect on the gastric lining and reduces abdominal spasms. Prepare the refreshing peppermint tea to stop dry heaving.
- Take 1tbsp of dried peppermint leaves and add them in a cup of boiling water.
- Allow the mix to infuse it for 10 minutes.
- Tale small sips of the peppermint tea to get rid of the vomit reflex.
Cinnamon is widely used as a medicine to treat severe problems. It is an excellent herb that is rich in antispasmodic properties i.e. it suppresses the muscles spasms and helps in treating dry heaving. Cinnamon has also calming effect on the digestive system.
- Add 1-2tbsp of cinnamon powder in a cup of boiling water.
- Allow it to boil for 10minutes.
- Strain the liquid.
- Take cinnamon herbal remedy twice a day to calm retching.
- Drink Clear Liquids
If your dry heaving is caused by food poisoning, then it is important to take plenty of fluids. Fluids flush the harmful germs and allow you to get relieved of the heaviness. It is recommended to take small sips of water and intake of clear liquids like sports drink, juice etc…
You can also take a bowl of Rice water to reduce vomiting and retching.
- Boil 2parts of rice to 5 parts of water for nearly 30minutes.
- Strain the liquid and store it in a glass container.
- Take small sips of rice water after dry heaving to reduce the stomach spasms.
- Wheat Germ
Wheat Germ is the most effective home remedy to treat nausea. Add 1 tbsp of wheat germ in a cup of milk. Consume this mixture thrice a day for fast results. It is also shown that intake of wheat germ actually provides the relief from the dizziness, nausea and menstrual pain symptoms.
The causes of nausea differ from person to person and require specific attention and proper treatment. Have you ever experienced nausea before; tell us how you were able to stop it. If you had taken the drugs to get relieve of the dry heaves, next time follow the above home remedies for better and fast results.